As Trans Day of Visibility approaches, we wanted to share our plans to mark the day with you and let you know how you can get involved.
Virtual Coffee Hour
TITC director, Kim Warren, will be hosting a Virtual Coffee Hour on Trans Day of Visibility (Thursday 31 March) 11am-12pm. The session will include:
- An update on our latest activities
- The current issues for the trans community
Please save the calendar placeholder to your diaries if you’d like to attend – it will be updated shortly with a Teams Live link. We’ll also promote across our social channels.
We’ll shortly be introducing this as a new hashtag to our social media posts. We want our followers and friends to show their support and love for the trans & non-binary community on their social channels.
We encourage you to use the hashtag and share your reflections or experiences of the trans and/or non-binary community e.g. any trans or non-binary individuals you’ve worked with who have inspired you.
This will help us to #Demonstrate that trans & non-binary people are valued members of society and the supporters of the community far outweigh the (unfortunately loud) opponents.
Frame for social media profile pictures
To support the hashtag, we’ve created an #IStandWithTrans frame for your social media profile pictures – head to the attached PowerPoint, which has a step by step guide which explains how upload it.
Before the day, we’d love for you to all update your pictures with the frame so that we flood social media with the presence of allies. I’ve attached an email of when I put the frame around my picture.
Other assets for use
- A video call background with TITC branding and our campaign hashtag – we’ve included two versions in case the platform you use mirrors the image so that it shows backwards.
- A few square TITC branded graphics, which you’re welcome to use in any social posts you share.
- An email signature with the campaign hashtag.
In other news…
British LGBT+ awards
- TITC is a top 10 charity or community initiative! The no.1 spot will be announced on the night of the awards, but it’s down to a public vote, and we’d love yours! Vote 👉HERE 👈
- We also have two directors in the top 10 lists:
- Future leader – Kim Warren 👏
- Inspirational leader – Emily Hamilton 👏
Stonewall changemaker of the year
- Our CEO, Bobbi Pickard, was named Stonewall’s changemaker of the year in recognition of all the work she’s done running TITC, leading countless trans awareness sessions and spearheading the Trans Rights Are Human Rights campaign. 👏
So, what can you do? In summary…
- Share this email with your networks
- Attend our Trans Day of Visibility Virtual Coffee Hour and encourage others to join
- Change your social media profile picture
- Change your virtual meeting background and add your email signature
- Write a social post using the hashtag #IStandWithTrans and one of our graphics
- Vote for us in the British LGBT+ awards and share on your social channels.
Thanks so much – we really appreciate your support.
Trans in the City events & media team 💙🤍💗