The Police Staff Council Trade Union Side submits the following pay claim on behalf of our police staff members in England and Wales to take effect from 1 September 2020:
- One-year claim
- 6.5%, or £1200, increase, whichever is the greater, on all PSC pay points with effect from 1 September 2020*
- 6.5% increase on standby allowance and overnight away from home allowance with effect from 1 September 2020
- An increase in the minimum annual leave entitlement in the Police Staff Council Handbook from 23 to 24 days on appointment and from 28 to 29 days after 5 years’ service.
- All police staff apprenticeships to be job evaluated and placed on the minimum pay point of the appropriate police force pay grade
- An undertaking to the effect that if the government and/or police employers seek/obtain additional investment in pay for policing during the 2020/21 pay year, that this is sought and distributed across the whole police workforce.